This week was a hectic time at work. Well, hectic for me is clocking in at 7:30am when I usually clock in at 9am because of a monthly project. The project went well and, most importantly, my clients were happy, but it left me with a weird lag-time since I got to leave at 4pm. Most people would be elated to get out of work early, but it put me in a weird bind.
Most people I work with try to get in early and leave early. As for me, I'd much rather come in later and stay late so I don't have much lag-time in between evening activities like happy hours, classes, etc, especially since I live across town. If there is lag-time, I just end up going home and reading. But with this week, I had to prioritize my lag time, trying to occupy myself for two hours on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening. I wanted to have one of those evenings to myself to recuperate and cook dinner for myself.
So my choices: Either go to an empowering meeting of Asian-American activist women on Tuesday evening or a Stir Event sponsored by match.com on Wednesday.
Of course, I picked the match.com event on Wednesday evening.
Although I only spent one hour there, no one even glanced at me. Of course, a huge blow to the self-esteem. Although an evening of comfort Indian food and bollywood on youtube helped, I still woke up feeling like an idiot.
As I sit in front of my work computer with a mug on my face, I just hope I can think about what can be more empowering for me than emotional. I know a lot of what I picked has to do with my last post of feeling out of place as a single lady.
I didn't intend for my blog to turn into a rant but I guess for now this is what I need. If anything, I feel a little bit better and can focus back on my clients and maybe a little on myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment