Monday, July 9, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

A little insight about me: I never look in the mirror no more than once a day.





Yes, just once a day.  Once a day to make sure that my hair is presentable, but no more than that.  I wash my face after a shower, when the mist fogs my mirror.  When brusing my teeth twice a day, I focus on my mouth.  When plucking my eyebrows I look at the arches and the stray hairs. 

I cannot bare the look of my face.  While I know I have eyes looking at my face, straight into my eyes, I cannot bare to look my own self in the eye.  It is not because I am ashamed of myself.  I cannot make myself admire who I am.  I am doing work on getting to know myself and I like what I see on the inside, but I just cannot see it on the outside.

My therapist for two years has been trying to convince me to look at my reflection but I still cannot make eye contact with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment