Earlier today I attended a beautiful baby shower for a good girlfriend of mine. It was as sweet event put on by her in-laws in a cozy restaurant in Old Town Los Gatos. There was baby blue trimmings on the gifts and delicious food to be served.
In between the smiles and the bites of food, there was a moment where my eyes became moist. While I've come a long way since the ending of my last relationship, I still feel like I'm falling behind on making those milestones come true. At 33 I wonder if I'll ever have a child. It is something I've dreamt about for so long and while I know I can make it happen solo, I want my child to have a family. And in order for that to happen, I want to meet the right person.
As I watched my friend coo at all the lovely little clothing I said a little prayer that one day I would be sitting in that chair with a little one inside me and anticipating his or her arrival.

No comments:
Post a Comment